go back

Why do I need to register?

Registration is required for the levying of the statutory producer contributions and for the payment of the deposit amounts.

  1. Each producer and importer that sells drinks in plastic bottles and cans as the first placer on the market has to register with EWP Recycling Pfand Österreich.
  2. Each drink item (=SKU) in a single-use plastic bottle or aluminium can must be registered with Recycling Pfand Österreich so that it can participate in the deposit system from 1 January 2025 and be identified by the reverse vending machine.